Tom Rogers Yarra Valley Syrah 2015
YARRA VALLEY SYRAH FROM HALLIDAY RATED 10/10 VINTAGE & TROPHY WINNING WINEMAKER
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 4.11 out of 5 stars.
- PRODUCED BY TIM HILL WINEMAKER AT PUNT ROAD WINES
- PERFECT HALLIDAY RATED 10/10 VINTAGE
- SOURCED FROM RISING VINEYARD IN YARRA VALLEY
- HAND CRAFTED WHOLE BUNCH WILD FERMENTATION
- WINEMAKER WON TROPHY FOR BEST SHIRAZ AT 2016 ROYAL MELBOURNE & YARRA VALLEY WINE SHOWS
Dark red in colour, with spice and pepper aromas, fragrant dark cherry fruits and subtle stalky notes. Rounded medium to full palate with fleshy fruit characters, more ripe black-cherry and plum characters and spice notes. Finishes with clean acidity and subtle silky tannins.
Made by Punt Road Assistant Winemaker Tom Hill. Tom Rogers wines reflect the individuality of the sub-zones of the Yarra Valley. The 2015 vintage had close to ideal conditions.
Shiraz (Syrah another synonym) was sourced from the Rising Vineyard in St Andrews (Upper Yarra). Also used for past Luke Lambert wines. The vineyard has poor soil (Silurian mudstone through rock), is at 250m altitude and is exposed to high winds making it a low fertility site.
The fruit is cold soaked for several days, partially with whole bunches and wild fermented. The wine is matured in a mix of new and old French Puncheons (500L barrels) for about 12 months.
Yarra Valley, Victoria
|Cellaring:||Drink now or cellar for mid term|
- y_2020, m_5, d_27, h_15
- bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.8
- cp_1, bvpage1
- co_hasreviews, tv_2, tr_7
- loc_en_AU, sid_111751, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 220.127.116.11
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 247.47ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT