The Colonial Estate Explorateur Barossa Valley Shiraz 2019
NEW VINTAGE RELEASE BAROSSA SHIRAZ FROM COLONIAL ESTATE PREVIOUS VINTAGE 94 POINT RATED THREE TIME GOLD MEDAL WINNER
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 0 out of 5 stars.
- NEW VINTAGE RELEASE BAROSSA VALLEY SHIRAZ FROM COLONIAL ESTATE
- PREVIOUS VINTAGE POINT RATED GOLD MEDAL IN WINE SHOWCASE MAGAZINE
- PREVIOUS VINTAGE TRIPLE GOLD MEDAL WINNER
- PRODUCED BAROSSA VALLEY SUPER PREMIUM PRODUCER THE COLONIAL ESTATE
Deep purple with red brick flash around edge. Blackberry fruits with hints of licorice, oak and aniseed. The palate is softly spoken and fruit driven initially with blackberries, plums and licorice notes giving your insight into what is ahead. An approachable mid palate, which is full-flavored, while the fine-grained tannins finish with complex notes of olives, cashew nuts and oak. An alluring finish, which is moreish and smooth, yet has great length.
The vineyards that make up Explorateur are based in the northwestern Barossa Valley. This is a belt of land/terroir that runs from just to the northwest of Tanunda – Marananga, Greenock, Moppa, Ebenezer, and through to Stockwell, just north of Nuriootpa. Cropping levels are kept low to ensure fruit flavour is focus. The same equipment that is accorded to our more expensive wines is made available to Explorateur. Fermentation is French in approach for up to two thirds of the wine made; the rest is vinified in a more Australian way.
Barossa Valley, South Australia
|Cellaring:||Drink now or cellar up to 7 years|
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 126.96.36.199
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 7.81ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT
- bvseo-msg: HTTP status code of 404 was returned;