The Colonial Estate Emigre Shiraz 2021
COLONIAL ESTATE BAROSSA VALLEY SHIRAZ EXCLUSIVE EXPORT PRODUCT CLEARANCE PREVIOUS VINTAGE 95 POINT RATED
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 4.24 out of 5 stars.
- COLONIAL ESTATE CANCELLED EXPORT RELEASE
- EXCLUSIVE EXPORT PRODUCT NOT AVAILABLE DOMESTICALLY
- PREVIOUS VINTAGE INTERNATIONAL GOLD MEDAL WINNER & RATED 95 POINTS
- SOURCED FROM MOPPA & KALIMNA REGIONS HOME TO THE GRANGE MOTHER VINEYARD
Crimson red with purple flashes. A dense juicy nose with red and black forest fruits, spicy plum, black cherry, dried fruits and pepper. A classic, rich full bodied Barossa Shiraz. The wine has an array of characters with upfront plum, dark chocolate, dried figs, leather saddle and white pepper. Sweet Shiraz fruit surrounds a firm tannin backbone whilst a touch of earth and acid provides length and ensures the finish is long and voluptuous.
Sourced from two vineyards in the Northern Barossa Valley sub region – the Moppa and near the Kalimna Vineyard, which is the mother vineyard of “Grange”. The vines themselves are aged between 49 and 80 year sold and they are cropped, using green harvesting, at less than 3.0 tonne to the acre. Grapes were picked at dawn, it receives fermentation, which is conducted in small open top fermenters, followed by malolactic fermentation and ageing in 100 per cent new French oak barrels.
Barossa Valley, South Australia
|Cellaring:||Ready to drink now will age for up to a decade|
|Bottle Top:||Foil over cork|
- y_2022, m_6, d_30, h_22
- bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.32
- cp_1, bvpage1
- co_hasreviews, tv_0, tr_25
- loc_en_AU, sid_115703, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 126.96.36.199
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 250.71ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT