Tanunda Hill Reserve Barossa Valley Cabernet Merlot 2014
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 4.53 out of 5 stars.
- 2 TIME DOUBLE GOLD MEDAL WINNER
- OUTPOINTED WOLF BLASS PLATINUM VALUED AT $200 A BOTTLE
- HIGHLY RATED BY JAMES HALLIDAY WINE COMPANION
- BEATING HOWARD PARK ABERCROMBIE $100+ PER BOTTLE
- TROPHY WINNING PRODUCER - DECANTER WORLD WINE AWARDS 2016
- MELBOURNE WINE SHOW GOLD MEDAL WINNING PRODUCER
Rich dark red with violet notes. Rich cassis, dark chocolate and red berry notes on the nose. Soft silky blackberry core with dark plum notes from the Merlot. well integrated oak give a soft lingering finish.
Highly Rated James Halliday Wine Companion
"75/25%, given extended maceration on skins, then matured in used American oak for 15 months"
Double Gold Medal
China Wine & Spirit Awards Best Value 2016
China Wine & Spirit Awards Best Value 2017
The 2014 season was generally warm which allowed the grapes to ripen and develop strong flavours. A soft and smooth Barossa Cabernet (75%) and Merlot (25%) blended classically with some extended skin contact to soften the palate. This wine matured in older American oak barrels for 15 months to allow the fruit aromas to develop and the tannins to naturally soften.
Barossa Valley, South Australia
|Grape Variety:||Cabernet Merlot|
|Cellaring:||Drink now and can cellar for 3-5 years|
- y_2019, m_5, d_25, h_18
- bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_2.0.12
- cp_1, bvpage1
- co_hasreviews, tv_2, tr_15
- loc_en_AU, sid_107781, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 18.104.22.168
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 312.69ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT