Songlines Estates Bylines McLaren Vale Shiraz 2018
93 POINT RATED & GOLD MEDAL WINNING MCLAREN VALE SHIRAZ FROM VINES UP TO 80 YEARS OLD
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 3.67 out of 5 stars.
- 93 POINT RATED GOLD MEDAL WINNER WINE SHOWCASE
- SAVE OVER $200 A DOZEN OR 60% OFF MCLAREN VALE SHIRAZ
- PRODUCER CALLED THE LATOUR OF MCLAREN VALE BY DECANTER MAGAZINE
- SOURCED FROM VINES UP TO 80 YEARS OLD
- SONGLINES ESTATES SHIRAZ HAS BEEN NAMED TOP 3 SHIRAZ IN WORLD AT AWC VIENNA
Deep dark black with red edges. Vibrant and youthful but very approachable with an attractive nose showing red fruits, with aromas of flowers, fresh red berries of raspberry and mulberry and soft plums. Cloves and vanilla on the entry palate, the fleshy middle and end palate gives more succulent mulberry and sweet red fruits with dusty tannins.
93 Point Rated - Australian Wine Showcase Magazine
The grapes come from vineyard blocks not far from those that go into Songlines and the fruit has been specifically hand chosen for its approachability as a young wine. 2016 saw the selection of some older material as part of the blend to add some more complex character and add longevity. The winemaking uses warmer ferments in traditional open fermenters and plunged 4 times each day to soften the palate, and the use of older barrels to impart less oak dominance. The wine is matured for 12 months in second and some third use French barrels to provide softer rounder oak character.
|Source/Region:||McLaren Vale, South Australia|
|Cellaring:||Drink now or cellar for 4-6 years|
- y_2021, m_1, d_19, h_22
- bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.12
- cp_1, bvpage1
- co_hasreviews, tv_1, tr_5
- loc_en_AU, sid_112808, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 188.8.131.52
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 288.37ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT