Redesdale Estate Heathcote Cabernet Sauvignon Cabernet Franc 2004
THE FINEST & RAREST MUSEUM RELEASES WE HAVE EVER SOLD HEATHCOTE CAB SAUV CAB FRANC BLEND
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 4.5 out of 5 stars.
- "ITS FULLY READY NOW AT 16 YEARS OF AGE" HUON HOOKE THE REAL REVIEW
- 10/10 RATED VINTAGE JAMES HALLIDAY WINE COMPANION
- MUSEUM RELEASE HEATHCOTE CALLED "REMARKABLE" JAMES HALLIDAY
- STORED IN WINERIES TEMPERATURE CONTROLLED CELLAR
- SELLS FOR UP TO $120 A BOTTLE IN AUSTRALIA'S BEST RESTAURANTS
From 22 y/o vines of Cab Sauv, Cabernet Franc and a small amount of Malbec & Merlot, aged on French oak, this beautifully cellared 2004 wine shows astounding freshness and fruit purity, a bouquet of red and blue fruits and fine-grained tannins, with a spicy back palate and aftertaste.
Highly Rated - James Halliday Wine Companion
"Re-release. The colour is remarkable, still bright; regrettably, so are the tannins and acidity, described as lemony when first tasted in Feb '06, as it is today."
Highly Rated - Huon Hooke The Real Review
"Medium to deep brick-red colour, mature and appropriate for its age. There are raspberry, rhubarb and mint aromas, a trace of eucalyptus, and the palate is lean and sinewy but also intense and nervy. The tannins are firm and gritty on the finish. It's fully ready now at 16 years."
Overlooking the Campaspe River valley, visitors to Redesdale Estate Vineyard will enjoy the views and Mediterranean style gardens of this quaint restored bluestone dairy. Redesdale Estate’s vineyards are among the oldest in the cool climate southern part of the Heathcote wine region and are grown on old volcanic sendimentary rock and soils.
This rich soil contributes greatly to the intensity and varietal purity of their wines. Planted in 1982, all of Redesdale Estate’s grapes were once sold to a contract winemaker. It wasn’t until 1999 that the winery began producing their own wines. The 1999 Redesdale Estate Shiraz was the first vintage to be labelled under the Redesdale Estate label and was the first of many fine red wines made by their winemaker.
Producing estate grown red wines, Redesdale Estate handpicks their grapes with care. This ensures each bunch is in optimal condition when they begin the winemaking process.
The wines are aged in new and one-year-old French oak, and further aged for two years in the bottle. The result is award winning wines that show great elegance.
|Grape Variety:||Cabernet Sauvignon|
- y_2021, m_9, d_20, h_20
- bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.19
- cp_1, bvpage1
- co_hasreviews, tv_0, tr_2
- loc_en_AU, sid_113780, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 188.8.131.52
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 212.1ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT