Normans 1853 Museum Release South Australia Shiraz 2013
WINEMAKERS EXCLUSIVE MUSEUM RELEASE 1853 SHIRAZ COLLECTORS EDITION FROM NORMANS WINES PERSONAL CELLARS
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 5 out of 5 stars.
- EXCLUSIVE MUSEUM RELEASE COLLECTORS EDITION
- PREVIOUS VINTAGES 96 POINT RATED GOLD MEDAL WINNERS
- LIMITED EDITION LAY DOWN CUSTOM SIX PACKS
- SELLS WINERY DIRECT FOR $60 A BOTTLE SAVE $480 A DOZEN
Strong crimson red, with a lighter red hue. Dark berries fruit nuances engulf you initially with hints of blackberry, sweet plum, black pepper and cinnamon providing further complexity. The palate is full bodied and up front shows blackberry characters highlighted by sweet plum then more subtle notes of cassis, black pepper and leather saddle. Upon another taste and time to breath the wine opens up further to display beautiful nutmeg and an almost fortified character from its obvious age which is so smooth and mouth filling it stays with you along with the oak and soft tannin structure for around 10+ seconds.
The grapes were hand picked in small parcels and kept separate to ensure the best possible flavours were extracted from each parcel. The grapes were fermented in small open top fermenters and hand plunged daily. Once pressed the individual batches were left to mature in a combination of old and new French oak hogsheads. The best barrels were isolated from the rest of the blend for our Chais Clarendon release to be used for our Museum Release Series and spent up to 4 years in barrel before being bottled and aged further before release.
|Cellaring:||Drink now or cellar for the next 5 years|
- y_2021, m_6, d_23, h_19
- bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.17
- cp_1, bvpage1
- co_hasreviews, tv_0, tr_1
- loc_en_AU, sid_114370, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 220.127.116.11
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 11.39ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT