La Bise Barossa Valley Shiraz 2016
93PT RATED BAROSSA VALLEY SHZ FROM FORMER BAROSSA VALLEY ESTATE WINEMAKER
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 0 out of 5 stars.
- 93 POINTS RATED WINE SHOWCASE MAGAZINE
- SINGLE VINEYARD SHIRAZ FROM GREENOCK SUB REGION
- WINEMAKER OF ONE OF AUSTRALIA'S HIGHEST RATED WINES IN WINE SPECTATOR HISTORY
- SHIRAZ AGED IN FRENCH OAK FOR 18 MONTHS
- PRODUCED BY FORMER BAROSSA VALLEY ESTATE WINEMAKER NATASHA MOONEY
Deep red in colour. Plums and cashew with some aniseed that we often see in wines from this vineyard. Dark plum and cashews from the twelve months oak maturation. Dense tannins make this wine very full rich in flavour. This wine has had 18 months in new French oak and minimal filtration.
93 Points Wine Showcase Magazine
La Bise is French for the kiss. We search a range of vineyards for quality fruit to produce the wines that are “true” to that vineyard and express the flavours of the grapes. We often find vineyards in need of love and attention and by rejuvenating these vineyards we give them “the kiss of life”.
The wines are about fruit and vineyard expression. We aim for mouthfeel and drinkability without high alcohol. We pick early in the vineyard to give wines that are lower in alcohol by nature as we believe this gives better drinkability and longevity.
The Barossa Valley is made up of a number of smaller subregions where climatic and soil profiles are very different. When you taste the resultant wines from these subregions, it is easy to see what these subregions give to each wine. La Bise comes from a vineyard that Natasha Mooney owns in Greenock subregion where soils and red with lots of shaly rock. Fruit flavours are dark and plummy with a lovely full tannin structure that is savoury rather than sweet.
Barossa Valley, South Australia
|Cellaring:||Drink now or cellar medium term|
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 220.127.116.11
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 278.94ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT
- bvseo-msg: HTTP status code of 404 was returned;