Fu Barossa Valley Shiraz 2016
GOLD MEDAL & 93 POINT RATED BAROSSA SHIRAZ PREVIOUS VINTAGES 99 POINTS PARKER
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 4.2 out of 5 stars.
- GOLD MEDAL WINNER RATED 93 POINTS WINE SHOWCASE
- PREVIOUS VINTAGES RATED UP TO 99 POINTS ROBERT PARKER
- PREVIOUS VINTAGES HAVE OUTPOINTED PENFOLDS GRANGE
- ONLY STOCK ALLOCATION OF THE VINTAGE
Deep dark black with crimson hues. A hedonistic style which needs time to breathe to show its true character. The fruit characters are blackberry and there is white pepper and some seductive spice. Some age is showing and is evident through the characters of leather saddle, coffee, and chocolate. Powerful fruit flavours are evident thanks in large part to the old vine material used there’s a blanket of tannin and oak which all work together to provide the backbone. Plum, liqueur, leather, earth, coffee and smoked meat all perform back up roles. A perfect balance between oak and fruit has been achieved and these characters appear to have perfectly melted into one another over time due to the use of high-quality oak and minimal Sulphur use. The tannin structure is long and velvety with the wine having an incredibly long finish.
93 Point Rated
Australian Wine Showcase Magazine
"Hints of aniseed on the nose. Generous wine with great colour and outstanding varietal fruit flavours."
Barossa Valley, South Australia
|Cellaring:||Drink now or cellar for 15 years|
|Bottle Top:||Foil over cork|
- y_2019, m_11, d_13, h_1
- bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.1
- cp_1, bvpage1
- co_hasreviews, tv_2, tr_3
- loc_en_AU, sid_111662, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 18.104.22.168
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 362.23ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT