Clare Hills Clare Valley Shiraz 2017 By Neil Pike
CLARE VALLEY SHIRAZ FROM TROPHY WINNING PRODUCER NEIL PIKE
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 4.17 out of 5 stars.
- PREV VINTAGE HIGHLY RATED JAMES HALLIDAY WINE COMPANION 2018
- 5 RED STAR RATED WINERY JAMES HALLIDAY WINE COMPANION
- MULTIPLE TROPHY & GOLD MEDAL WINNING PRODUCER
- PRODUCER HAS MADE SHIRAZ RATED UP TO 97 POINTS HALLIDAY
- PRODUCED BY LEGENDARY WINEMAKER NEIL PIKE
Medium to deep red colour with aromas of ripe, dark berries, plums and fruit cake with a swirl of charry oak somewhere in the mix too. The full flavoured palate is rich and ripe with good concentration of fruit, fine tannins and shows a little charry oak that adds length and complexity. Drink with roast/grilled meats or your favourite hard cheese. Drink now and next 3-6 years.
The 2017 vintage was shaped by a cool, wet winter and spring with above average rainfall. Budburst was later than the “recent normal” due to the cooler conditions in September and consequently harvest was also a little late – we commenced vintage on March 3rd. Leading up to harvest January and February were both quite mild with no extended periods of heat and little rain. The 20mm we did receive on 20th January finished the vineyards off nicely.
The grapes for this wine were machine and hand harvested, transported to the winery, de-stemmed into open fermenters and cold soaked for three days before fermentation began. The wine was pumped over twice daily during ferment for approx 7 days and this was followed by draining, pressing and then maturation in French oak casks for 14 months before racking and blending. The wine was stabilised and lightly filtered prior to bottling.
Clare Valley, South Australia
|Cellaring:||Drink now and next 4-6 years|
- y_2019, m_6, d_25, h_6
- bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_2.0.12
- cp_1, bvpage1
- co_hasreviews, tv_3, tr_9
- loc_en_AU, sid_110550, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 184.108.40.206
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 219.86ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT