Clare Hills Clare Valley Merlot 2017
NEW CLARE VALLEY MERLOT FROM 5 STAR HALLIDAY RATED WINERY MADE BY PIKE FAMILY
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 4.5 out of 5 stars.
- NEW RELEASE CLARE VALLEY MERLOT
- PRODUCED BY LEGENDARY WINEMAKING FAMILY PIKES WINES
- 5 STAR RATED WINEMAKER JAMES HALLIDAY WINE COMPANION
- PREVIOUS VINTAGE HIGHLY RATED JAMES HALLIDAY
- MULTIPLE TROPHY & GOLD MEDAL WINNING PRODUCER
Medium to deep red colour with lovely aromas of blackcurrants, dark cherries and plum pudding. The palate is soft, rich and approachable awash with the dark fruits mentioned above. Try with grilled scotch fillet with garlic mushroom sauce.
5 Star Rated Producers James Halliday Australian Wine Companion
The 2017 vintage was shaped by a cool, wet winter and spring with above average rainfall. Budburst was later than the “recent normal” due to the cooler conditions in September and consequently harvest was also a little late – we commenced vintage on March 3rd. Leading up to harvest January and February were both quite mild with no extended periods of heat and little rain. The 20mm we did receive on 20th January finished the vineyards off nicely.
The grapes for this wine were machine harvested, transported to the winery, de-stemmed into open fermenters and cold soaked for three days before fermentation began. The wine was pumped over twice daily during ferment for approx 7 days and this was followed by draining, pressing and then maturation in French oak casks for 14 months before racking and blending. The wine was stabilised and lightly filtered prior to bottling.
Clare Valley, South Australia
|Cellaring:||Drink now and next 4-6 years.|
- y_2020, m_4, d_6, h_15
- bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.5
- cp_1, bvpage1
- co_hasreviews, tv_2, tr_2
- loc_en_AU, sid_110762, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 126.96.36.199
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 282.18ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT