Berton Vineyards Foundstone Merlot 2021
NEW RELEASE PREVIOUS VINTAGE DOUBLE GOLD MEDAL WINNER & JAMES HALLIDAY CALLED "CLOSE TO PERFECT"
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 4.67 out of 5 stars.
- BUY A CASE GET A CASE FREE EQUATES TO $6.99 A BOTTLE
- PREVIOUS VINTAGE INTERNATIONAL DOUBLE GOLD CWSA 2020
- JAMES HALLIDAY CALLED PREVIOUS VINTAGE "CLOSE TO PERFECT"
- PRODUCER OF WORLD'S BEST VALUE WINE TASTING.COM
This Merlot has a deep youthful colour, with expressive aromas of plums, blackberries and violet. The palate has a velvety texture with generous flavours of sour cherries, plums and fragrant herbs with a hint of vanillin oak.
Our local reds began coming in on 17th March, rather late compared to the past 8-10 years. With the lateness of the vintage, growers found it hard to reach the desired sugar specifications however with the cooler conditions looming, the decision was made to pick on fruit and seed ripeness on a parcel by parcel basis, ensuring the best possible quality was maintained.
Fermented in stainless steel vertical fermenters for 4-6 days at temperatures between 27C and 29C on french untoasted& toasted oak chips. Wine was then pressed at 1 baume via screw press into stainless steel storage tanks and left to ferment until dry, then racked into stainless steel storage vessel with French oak staves and cultured malolactic bacteria. Once secondary fermentation was complete the wine was clarified via centrifuge into stainless steel storage.
South Eastern Australia
|Cellaring:||Drink now and for the next 3 years|
- y_2022, m_12, d_4, h_21
- bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.34
- cp_1, bvpage1
- co_hasreviews, tv_0, tr_6
- loc_en_AU, sid_115591, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 220.127.116.11
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 260.94ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT