Barossa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon 2018 Cleanskin
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 4 out of 5 stars.
- FROM ONE AUSTRALIA'S OLDEST BAROSSA WINERMAKERS
- 5 RED STAR JAMES HALLIDAY RATED WINERY
- WE CAN'T MENTION THE WINERY BUT ITS ONE OF THE BEST IN AUSTRALIA
- WINERY ESTABLISHED IN 1840'S
Deep crimson purple in colour, Lovely dark rich black fruit on the nose open up to show varietal notes of cassis and blackcurrant as stand out features.Powerful fruit purity and varietal notes cassis and blackberry and blackcurrant dominate while seamless oak and fine tannins provide line and length to this smooth voluptuous wine.
Grapes were specifically sourced from the area around our favourite sub region of the Barossa – Greenock. Its hard country with the shallow grey sandy soil over red clay producing small bunches of intense, non-herbaceous Cabernet Sauvignon. Cropping levels were low and much of the older vineyards were hand picked and selected by vigneron and winemaker especially for the high fruit intensity of the individual grapes. 2018 was another stand out vintage from a quality point of view low yields meant incredible intensity of flavour and colour, we expect 2018 will go down of one of the best in recent times. We use extreme cold maceration to extract as much natural fruit flavour as possible and use open top fermenters and hand plunge keeping our old-world winemaking philosophy front of mind during the entire process to ensure only the finest wine is aged in barrel for 12 months prior to final blending and minimal filtration.
Barossa Valley, South Australia
|Grape Variety:||Cabernet Sauvignon|
|Cellaring:||Drink now or cellar 5-7 years|
- y_2020, m_8, d_8, h_16
- bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.10
- cp_1, bvpage1
- co_hasreviews, tv_0, tr_1
- loc_en_AU, sid_113223, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 220.127.116.11
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 7.47ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT