1838 Reserve Shiraz 2020
GOLD MEDAL WINNING 93 POINT RATED 1838 RESERVE SHIRAZ "ONE OF THE FINEST VINTAGES OF 1838 EVER PRODUCED"
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 3.85 out of 5 stars.
- 93 POINT RATED GOLD MEDAL WINNER WINE SHOWCASE MAGAZINE
- "ONE OF THE FINEST VINTAGES OF 1838 EVER PRODUCED"
- AWARD WINNER MELBOURNE INTERNATIONAL WINE COMPETITION
- PREVIOUS VINTAGE MULTIPLE GOLD MEDAL WINNER
- BUY A CASE GET A CASE FREE, EQUATES TO $6.99 A BOTTLE
- NO FURTHER PROMOTIONAL DISCOUNTS APPLY
Purple to crimson red around the edge. A fruit bomb in its infancy the nose exhibits dark fruit flavours of freshly cut plum and some blueberry while mocha, chocolate, licorice and subtle oak ensure a highly aromatic and voluptuous nose. The palate is quite velvety in texture, with amazing fruit concentration in its youth featuring plum, chocolate, licorice with a touch of spice, perfectly interwoven oak and the perfect level of fine grainy tannin give line and length.
93 Point Rated - Wine Showcase Magazine
"Complex aromas of blackcurrants with a flavoursome palate balanced with rich fruit flavours subtle oak and fine tannins."
Wine Showcase Magazine 2021
Melbourne International Wine Competition 2021
Fruit was sourced from several well-known growers in South Australia from what was another great vintage in terms of quality although yields were down across the region. The different sites allowed us to pick the fruit over a extended period allowing each vineyard to develop differing characters to compliment each other and also allowed us at the winery to treat the parcels individually in small ferments with longer than usual skin contact, which is always ideal. The result is an outstanding wine with obvious time and care taken with it throughout the vinification process. This wine was fermented warm and received pump overs on a daily basis during fermentation. Aged in primarily old 2-3 year old oak to add another level of complexity without over powering the fruit.
|Cellaring:||Drink now or cellar for 4+ years|
- y_2021, m_10, d_23, h_19
- bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.19
- cp_1, bvpage1
- co_hasreviews, tv_0, tr_13
- loc_en_AU, sid_114023, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 220.127.116.11
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 7.89ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT