1838 Reserve Shiraz 2020
NEW VINTAGE 1838 RESERVE SHIRAZ "ONE OF THE FINEST VINTAGES OF 1838 EVER PRODUCED"
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 0 out of 5 stars.
- NEW VINTAGE OF OUR BIGGEST SELLING SHIRAZ EVER
- "ONE OF THE FINEST VINTAGES OF 1838 EVER PRODUCED"
- PREVIOUS VINTAGE MULTIPLE GOLD MEDAL WINNER
- PREVIOUS VINTAGE 93 POINT RATED WINE SHOWCASE MAGAZINE
- NO FURTHER PROMOTIONAL DISCOUNTS APPLY
Purple to crimson red around the edge. A fruit bomb in its infancy the nose exhibits dark fruit flavours of freshly cut plum and some blueberry while mocha, chocolate, licorice and subtle oak ensure a highly aromatic and voluptuous nose. The palate is quite velvety in texture, with amazing fruit concentration in its youth featuring plum, chocolate, licorice with a touch of spice, perfectly interwoven oak and the perfect level of fine grainy tannin give line and length.
Fruit was sourced from several well-known growers in South Australia from what was another great vintage in terms of quality although yields were down across the region. The different sites allowed us to pick the fruit over a extended period allowing each vineyard to develop differing characters to compliment each other and also allowed us at the winery to treat the parcels individually in small ferments with longer than usual skin contact, which is always ideal. The result is an outstanding wine with obvious time and care taken with it throughout the vinification process. This wine was fermented warm and received pump overs on a daily basis during fermentation. Aged in primarily old 2-3 year old oak to add another level of complexity without over powering the fruit.
|Cellaring:||Drink now or cellar for 4+ years|
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 126.96.36.199
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 7.29ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT
- bvseo-msg: HTTP status code of 404 was returned;