Cats Eyes Adelaide Hills Sauvignon Blanc 2017
HIGHLY RATED HALLIDAY BUY A CASE GET A CASE FREE ADELAIDE HILLS SAUV BLANC
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 4 out of 5 stars.
- BUY A CASE GET A CASE FREE, EQUATES TO $6.99 A BOTTLE
- HIGHLY RATED JAMES HALLIDAY WINE COMPANION
- PREVIOUS VINTAGE 90 POINTS RATED
- COOL CLIMATE SAUVY FROM 10/10 HALLIDAY RATED VINTAGE
- MADE BY RENOWNED WINEMAKER GREG CLACK
Pale green straw with brilliant clarity. Aromatic tropical fruits, freshly cut melon, guava and passionfruit with an overlay of herbaceous characters. A full fruit driven palate, with intense tropical fruits and balanced acidity with good palate weight and generous length.
Highly Rated James Halliday Wine Companion
Intense citrus notes erect a fence around all other fruit components, but this makes it fresh and crisp. The price is attractive, as is the wine overall.
The cool climate of the Adelaide Hills is the ideal place to grow Sauvignon Blanc, producing grapes with green herbaceous notes and intense tropical fruit characters, which our winemaker has crafted into this fruit driven, elegant, but approachable wine.
The grapes for this wine are sourced from two vineyards at Kenton Valley and Gumeracha in the northern part of the Adelaide Hills. The Kenton Valley vineyard has an easterly aspect and hence is the coolest of the sites. This was picked early to maximise the herbaceous, apple and cucumber notes in the wine. Whereas the other vineyard was picked when it was a riper and exhibiting a good balance of natural citrus acidity and tropical flavours.
Adelaide Hills, South Australia
|Grape Variety:||Sauvignon Blanc|
|Cellaring:||Drink now or in the short term|
- y_2019, m_1, d_18, h_24
- bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_2.0.9
- cp_1, bvpage1
- co_hasreviews, tv_0, tr_3
- loc_en_AU, sid_110412, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 18.104.22.168
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 34.22ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT